Friday, April 6, 2007

The Life

I am home sick (actually with an injury) drinking Tall Horse merlot wine and watching the Master's PGA tournament online - http://attblueroom.com/sports/inc_event_mediaplayer/player.php?id=5 (I am not ready to take the Flexall. A friend recommended getting drunk. It made her whiplash go away.)

I am just pissed off because I have not been consistently riding for almost six weeks for one reason or another (Waaaaa! :-) Brad is not happy, either, because he gets to hear my wimpers and cries. So the wine, golf and heating pad seem to be making me feel better.

I have thoughts about throwing in the towel for the season. Maybe I will just be registration/support/girl. My goodness, I do not ride or lift all week to heal the hamstring from the crazy time trailing on Sunday and my neck goes into spasms on Tuesday culminating into non-movement of my head by Thursday night. I joked with my boss that it's all her fault. Working the rowing machine on Wednesday probably did not help, either. At the time, it really relieved a lot of stress. I felt revived and ready to tackle the day.

Work
is busier this time of year due to early registration and the upcoming graduation so everyone is asking questions about curriculum and degree audit issues (my area). Others are thinking ahead, seeking advise for curriculum changes, the university catalog is down to the wire for final revisions, students are finalizing degree requirements, ... and I need to be constantly evolving and improving my services for the University. I love my job but this week was totally out of balance for me. I think trying to multi-task too much has thrown my body off kilter. Plus, not exercising consistently has allowed me to crack.