Saturday, January 10, 2009

Growlers, Snow and Great Friends

How I feel when I cannot get my way (Jaja - Jalabert was our kitty fix away from home).
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon (1/4/09) in Missoula with no particular plans and Broeder and her man, Will were gracious to host us for the week. Merci beaucoup!!! Becky and I hiked just below the Rattlesnake Wilderness area with Gizmo, a beautifully, solid pit bull while Brad and Will drank pints during the Eagles game.
Monday, Becky had off work so we drove to Seeley Lake to cross country ski as the local xc ski spot, Pattee Canyon was icy. Seeley Lake had tons of powdery snow. We classic skied for an hour with a lite snow fall. I was still a little under the weather so I wandered around taking pictures of some eerily, howling sled dogs while Broeder and Ober skate skied.



We had dinner at the MacKenzie River Pizza Company with friends of Broeder and Will's that were in town from Stevensville. Good beer to be had by all - I mean pizza. Henry loved the peppermint candies.