Friday, July 17, 2009

Life is Good

Even though my digital camera died (retractable lens does not retract) over the 4th of July weekend, Life Is Good.

Work still is stressful but what is new. I had a fabulous birthday week spending some time with my 16 year old nephew. He attended a Technology Camp at my workplace so I was his transport. We ate the best sticky buns in the world, the biggest, greasiest, yummiest stromboli in Millersville, University-function-tasty pulled pork barbeque and the best Thai in Mountville. Being 16 means he has his driving permit. Oh yea! Trying to be a good Aunt, I let him drive home today. Wow, I am getting old. So I did my best to not tell him about all my crashes, speeding tickets and totaled vehicles.

He has only driven with his parents in their SUV. My Prius gave him a different perspective on the road. It brought him closer to the road and he seemed better at judging where we was in the lane. I think driving my car was the best part of his week.

If I had a working camera, you would see the yummiest, organic, NJ blueberries. We usually do not give either presents as we try to do little gifts and special dinners throughout the year. But I said, if you want to buy me something, Millers Natural Store in Bird-In-Hand, has a $28, 20 pound box of organic blueberries! Woohoo! We are stocked if we don't eat them all by the end of summer.

Tomorrow, after I work one of those Saturdays I always try to get out of working, I will enjoy some great ale attending my first beer festival. I am so excited to get my growler filled and reminisce about the taprooms in Montana. (Missing you Broeder!) Then, Sunday I visit a truly awesome friend on holiday from her home away from home - Hardwick, England.

Life Is Good. Great family, friends and fun.