Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dogs and Kids

One of the luxuries of not having kids or dogs allows us to pack a bag(s) and go for a weekend. On a dreary, rainy day, we packed for the Cape to pick up an old Raleigh Ober ordered off of Ebay.I love road trips. As usual, I had four bags to his one. Some were shared as I packed food for the drive and then my school books (taking my 1st graduate class after being out of university for 11 yrs). I quickly researched the happenings for the area and got it in my head that I wanted to head to Provincetown after we picked up the Raleigh in Hyannis. The weather rained for most of our drive on Saturday then the sun came out when we arrived at Hyannis. We had lunch at a local spot, nothing spectacular except for the Foncite Napoletana (eggplant stuffed with ricotta cheese topped with marinara & melted cheese). It pays off to travel with food for the drive so we can splurge on a great meal or two and arrive in record time (even with bad weather). After picking up the bike, we drove to Provincetown.
We decided to stay in town as the weather probably allowed for some places to have openings. It was slim pickings but we found a place a block from the main street; Commercial Street. The rain started to fall lightly but we walked the streets for drinks, food and football. I loved the town and I would go back in a heartbeat.