Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday Month of July



I like to stretch out "it's all about me" day throughout a month. I do the same for Brad but poor guy only gets 28 days, maybe 29, I 31.

I am all about spending time together, eating out and spending little on gifts. I seem to never know what I want for my birthday. But ask me another day, I want, I want, I want.

I used to laugh at the silly stories friends would tell about the husbands buying them toilets, brooms, ladders, etc. as birthday or Christmas gifts. Now, that is what I want the money spent on, practical items. We will buy fluffy, lovy stuff any other day of the week. Yes, I DO NOT celebrate Valentine's Day. Anyways, here is one of my birthday gifts. I bought this 1940 GE fridge at an auction for a DOLLAR. It cost all of Brad, Barb and Doug's blood, sweat and tears to get it in our basement last year - and have it not work. It is so cool (well now it is as it got fixed for my birthday) with the old glass-topped bins, old metal ice cube trays you pull up a handle to break the ice and nothing plastic. Another practical gift was two cases of Hoegaarden (thanks mom-in-law, Nancy!)