Thursday, December 31, 2009

Skate Skiing

Wednesday, I skate skied for the first time. The sport is so hard both classic and skating. These professional athletes make it look so easy. I liked it but every time there was a slight incline and I mean slight, I would flounder. Brad wanted to check out the North side of the ski center. Instead of taking a break, I skied with him. Stupid! The North side was "flatter" but we had to do some climbs to get to the flat section. Of course, I found that out after I was out there. I had to herring bone up all the little climbs. Bitching. Brad was a trooper. He hearing is bad so he probably didn't hear me bitching much anyways. We had a blast. At one point I did yell to him as he waited for me at the top of a climb; "If I could catch you, I would kick you ass!!"

Thursday, we all skied like old pros. Or that's what we told ourselves. Damn, it is hard but I love it. I was able to skate up the little risers double and single poling. If you watch the video, imagine how easy they make the sport look. If I was on the course with those women, I would look like a turtle in snow and that is pretty slow!! But I still had fun.