Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MaineSport Outfitters Triathlon

.5 mile swim; 26 mile bike; 6.6 mile run. I borrowed a wet suit from a friend of Karen's so I floated through the swim. Somewhat fun because I felt like a buoy but I still was one of the last 10 out of the water. Then I could not get out of the wet suit. Worth it? As I had done before, I rode like a maniac passing at least 20 people. My overall time was 2:53; bottom third. I cracked on the run, of course. It was hilly and I kept running in the grassy shoulder as I was concerned about my past running injuries. What I didn't realize is that probably slowed down my time. Oh well. All I cared about was walking again. Karen did awesome finishing top ten female, and first in her age group. Then she won a wicking tee and toed socks in the post-race race number drawing. You should see the awesome winter puffy coat she bought with her "Maine Outfitters" gift certificate. I will have to post in winter as I forgot to take a picture of her in it. We were so cracked after the race. Oh yea, I forgot we had hiked four hours the day before. So tired. But to save on driving back to Waldoboro and back to Camden, we just toweled off and spent the day in Camden. So much fun as the town was hopping with the Windjammer Festival. Dozens of schooners were taking people out for sails and docked tours. We had lunch at a local deli and ate dinner at Cappy's. I finally had my Maine lobster. Yum!