Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pemaquid Point

Okay, I cracked on blogging. Sorry. I blame it on school, work and trying to live on the weekends. So before I leave for Chicago on Saturday for a day and a half of eating and soaking in Chi-town, I need to catch up on my trip to Maine. Doaph! I don't think I finished writing about Northern Ireland. I will get on that over Thanksgiving.

Friday, we walked downtown into Waldoboro to have breakfast at the one and only coffee shop in town-Village Bakery and Cafe. We had fabulous coffee and I chowed on quiche and coffee cake for breakfast. I had to fuel up for the 50 mile ride round trip to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.

As I age, I complain more. We rolled out of our cabin and the road seemed to go downhill all the way to the point. I think at one point I was screaming; "We better not be climbing on the way back because I know I am not into it!!!!" At about the 8 mile point, I spotted rocks I wanted to take home but they would not fit into my pockets. I knew we would be in trouble as I would be finding things to stop and put in my pockets or take pictures of. I held off stopping until the way back. And then I cracked at the cemetery. Just one too many stops because I was camera happy. It was a fantastic out and back ride ever. Those rollers were seemed harder than than the appeared. With hurricane Earl traveling up the coast, the were overcast and the waves were crashing the shoreline.