Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blogging on Chicago

So are you asking yourself, Is she now consistently blogging? Will she keep it up? I can tell you - hopefully, but not as good as this. I have a break from schoolwork, I have a lull at work (sort of) and I need to catch up on my travels as I am taking another vacation soon!!! I actually have a lot on my plate as I am helping organize a bicycle race for June 19th, on a board that has a nature camp for girls that begins June 20th, I begin a summer class on June 12th (ooo! gotta get my books) and and...

But back to Chicago. I want to go back to Chicago. As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to eat my way around Chicago. But we barely scraped the surface of all the great places to eat, the museums, galleries, etc. After our amazingly tiring stroll along the riverwalk, we ready ourselves for dinner.

We had to satisfy the meat lovers on the trip so I picked Wildfire. Even though it is a chain restaurant (mainly in Illinois), it had the ambiance of the 1940s gangster environment. We went all out; appetizers, wine, beer, entrees, coffee and dessert! Just like a gangster. Everything was great. We almost ordered another entree of the Braised special to share because it was so good. Two of us ordered that meal, too, but we did not allow our senses to get out of control as we were all totally stuffed. The other entrees were prime rib and Diane rib steak.