Sunday, May 14, 2017

Slowing Down To Take In the View

It is that time of the year, where two weeks ago Ober spent the day racing while I rode my bike before dawn and I then worked on the yard.  I called his brother to meet him for an early dinner at Saint Boniface Brewery .  We had tasty pizzas and beers.  On the way home, I marveled at the colors in the fields as it is so beautiful in the spring.  My before dawn rides have been amazing with the sunrises and varieties of  green and brown farmlands but I could not take pictures because I still own a slider phone.  Driving home from Saint Boniface Brewery, I had my iPad with me so I pulled over to stop and "smell the roses" and took in the beauty of our countryside and listened to the lambs.  It was the first time I ever saw them hop around, too.  I just laughed and smiled while I watched the little creatures frolick around.  Then I saw this little head all alone in the field and I thought; oh no, you cannot hide all by yourself.  I started bleating like a sheep; baaaaaa!!! Get up little lamb and find your mother and siblings.  And if you are a loner, get up, get up and join a pack!!!  The little lamb wobbled onto her feet, looked at me and shouted back; "BAAA!"  And started coming my way.  I pointed at her and said go, go, find a mom to latch onto.  She was totally adorable and I could not watch her sit all alone with the grass high above her head.  I stood there for another ten minutes and watched her join a group of lambs and a mother and hop through the fields.