Saturday, December 16, 2017

Western Vacation Road Trip

Nine years ago we drove out to the Mid-West over the Christmas break.  We are heading out again but to Sedona to visit Brad's mom for Christmas.  The only time I like creating lists is for vacations.  But I didn't have time to sleep let alone think about what to pack so I was stressing out.  Luckily I did not have to create a new packing list as I still had my list from 2008 saved on a thumb drive.

When I read the list and started babbling about it to Brad, I said I wish we had pictures because I had no idea how everything would fit into our van.  We still have the same van and since we are going out for a longer period of time, we are packing more things and I think we need more room!

So... I thought, I started blogging in 2006, did I continue into the 2008/2009 road trip?  Yes! Another opportunity to get side-tracked yet reminisce about a wonderful driving trip out to Wyoming.
http://pudgycyclist.blogspot.com/2008/12/mid-west-vacation.html

Thank goodness I blogged about our trip, too, because my memory is starting to fail me from too much multi-tasking and stress and I find it hard to retain much information anymore.

We packed more efficiently and have less food, this time around. Yet, it took me forever to pack.  Staying up late doing work at home just to meet some hard deadlines didn't help and we met friends the other nights.  Damn, I cannot pull all nighters anymore but I was glad to get one bike ride this week (on 3 hours of sleep).  I am running on fumes now but we finally got on the road at 8:07 a.m. And we just entered WV... 137 miles to Columbus, OH.