Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vegas Baby!


I traveled to Vegas on Tuesday night for Interbike 2007. My flights were uneventful, thank goodness and I arrived in Vegas at 2230.

My shuttle had many stops and I made it to the Imperial Palace around midnight. Then it took me another half hour to figure out how to get to our room. We stayed in the "Capri Building" of the Imperial Palace aka the ghetto. Fitting. I was with my people. I borrowed tools from maintenance and shared stories. Our room was on the second floor left of the garage. It actually wasn't too bad. The location to the Sands Expo Center and the price were perfect. It seemed as if our long block in Vegas was always hopping with people. The Mirage, Harrahs, Venetian and Treasure Island were all nearby.

I was a wuss so I did not go out that night. Sitting here now, I should have called some people to drag my ass out on the town. Oh well. Old and a wuss and better off as the next few days took a toll on my body. My legs never felt so awful from all the walking. Although, I forgot I had completed my first adventure race four days ago. I don't think I was fully recovered from that event and I had to race on Thursday night for my last criterium for the season.