Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fredricka

A couple of weeks ago I finally got out to ride and rode the cross bike on the road. Damn thing has the knobby tires but it will be great when the weather gets crappy. So I was not hanging with the guys on the 'Stick ride. As we loose daylight and the cold sets in, I tell the guys not to wait for me. But when they do wait, it is so sweet.

I ride home with Brad and our friend Randy. The roads had gravel and crap everywhere because of the wet and icy December weather. Since I am on the cross bike, I can ride through most of the rough roads and gravel.

A mile from the house, I ride through a pot hole and thought I was going to be really cool on the cross bike until I immediately flatted! I hopped off and started walking. Randy apologized for not pointing out the hole. I laughed at myself and said it was not his fault. I was trying to be cool but it did not work. For some reason I picked up my bike and bounced it on the road and BOTH wheels were flat. Brilliant! Brad offered to get the car and I said no, with a laugh. I had my mountain bike shoes on and I deserved to walk home. Thank goodness I didn't have my period or wasn't on steroids or I would have thrown a nasty fit and tossed the bike. The guys had a good laugh at my silly, loud ranting as my testosterone levels were naturally high from a most embarrassing moment.

My poor cross bike probably will hang in the basement until next fall as I am a lazy arse and will not change those flats. I look at those wheels every time I am in the basement and shake my head at my silliness.