Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thermal Gear

Damn. My thermal gear works but what about the face?! I was warm and cozy riding in to work yesterday and today in below freezing, windy weather. My face is about scared with frost bite. Yesterday, without the neck gator, my head froze on the way home and it was 25 degree F. Go figure. Today, I did have the neck gator. The neck gator definitely helped my stupidity.

I have decided that anything below 20 degrees F is NOT worth riding into work. Even if I wore ski goggles, just no way. I wasn't so cozy this morning. Somehow my hips and arse froze halfway through my half hour ride to work at 7 a.m. E.S.T. It was only 18 degrees F. I rode as fast I could in tight, thermal gear to stay warm and I mustered 14 mph. Pretty funny. I guess this is the gear I need.