Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday, Thirsty Monk


Just a note on a packing list. I created one in 2004 when I went to the Tour de France. It has been a great learning experience. I still pack TOO much for any trips. Since then I have modified it for my vacations. It has been very useful, especially when I would forget something. If I did not have it on the list, it was forgotten. For example, for this trip, I did not list "flat kit" for the rides and I forgot mine. Grrrr. Also, I relied on Brad to pack extra tires and tubes and well, anal me would have like to have more tubes on hand and definitely tires, just in case. As I had flatted the first day we rode/raced and I just might have needed a tire.

Dinner at Carmel's, Imperial Stoudt and Green Man Porter at the Jack of the Woods and more drinks at the Thirsty Monk. It has been opened since January. I wish lots of luck as I loved the place.