Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Fire Story

I had an email in draft after I posted "Fire!" but I had to let the matter cool down. Then work got crazy and I have not posted or had quality riding in weeks.

Back to the fire story; basically, my spatially challenged buddy started a fire at a host house. Thank goodness, nothing major happened as it could of been worse.

At the last minute, we got floor space with the Harley guys outside of Somerville. While the guys were out for breakfast with the host, our goal was to heat water for the french press coffee that makes our brains function. The regular pots were dirty so a tea pot was grabbed from behind a bunch of stuff. Because it was dark, an electric tea pot was set on fire atop of a beautiful Dacor range.

As I was packing the car, "fire starter" screamed my name and it did not sound good. I looked down at the house and saw a huge flame in the kitchen. By the time I got down to the house, the fire was out but there was burnt plastic all over the stove. We aired out the house and scraped off as much of the plastic as we could. The financial damage could have been outrageous so were lucky. I think Hestia, the fire goddess was looking over us. Especially when we had a sleeping teammate oblivious to the smoke, fire alarm and screaming.