Monday, May 5, 2008

Raw Talent Ranch - Training Camp Movie



Four and a half hours of riding compressed into 6 minutes of video. My body took at least a week to recover as it was first in shock from the crash the week before then all the climbing at training camp. The first aid kit at the ranch had Dermoplast (red can). I think I am addicted as I had to buy it when I got home and I use it on my knee almost every day.

You had to be there moment: After riding four plus hours, we had to ride another 7 miles up to the Lost River Barn. This was before I knew my rib was broken yet I knew something was wrong as I could not breath normally. Of course , I just brushed it off to the climbing. Even though I had a 27, I struggled. I wanted to cry because the roads and climbs were awesome and I could not ride them well. I sucked it up as "home" was up the mountain. Jdub stayed with me so I didn't ride off the mountain. Half way up, we rounded a switchback and a cow (Bessie) hung out watching us ride slowing. On went the helmet cam. She made me smile and laugh at a time when I cracked 10 times already. It was so steep I spooked Bessie as I about crashed into brush debris on the road trying to video her. But she just stood there and stared. We were baffled how she got there. Crazy cow. Next switchback, I had to stop because I had laughed so much and the climbing went on forever that I could not catch my breath; just an amazing climb.