Monday, August 4, 2008

The Ice Cream Truck

Drinking on the back porch watching Brad work on his bikes, I yammered away about my fantabulous Monday at work. In the far off distance, I could hear the ice cream truck. I think I can hear the damn thing in my sleep. I get all excited when the ice cream truck is in town and Brad knows even before I start running for money.

"NO!" Didn't you hear it?! They are playing "Jingle Bells". We listened and laughed. Then I disappear, listening to see if the ice cream truck will be coming up my street. I cannot go chasing it down as I have done before. I listen for the jingle to get louder.

Brad finds me at the truck with a sprinkled cone, yelling at me that I can't eat that - we did not eat dinner yet.

Hmm. I am sitting here typing away and he does not see the cone anymore. It was melting and as I ran through the house to take a picture of the cone, ice cream and sprinkles falling everywhere. Smeges cleaned up the sprinkles. Brilliant. There goes my dinner.