Saturday, August 23, 2008

Teddy Atlas

I love the Olympics. It gets me into sport, period. Brad has been watching the boxing. I think the Olympic boxing is the way the sport should be. I am all about that head gear and huge boxing gloves. Teddy Atlas is hard core. I love watching his little demonstrations about how the players box. Makes me want to join Nye's Kickboxing & Boxing Gym right down the street from me.

Back in the day with the fun banter on the PA cycling listserv, Bill Laudien promoted a boxing match between Andrew Albright and Brian Trdina at Nye's. Intelligent guys beating the crap out of each other. (Ready, Trdina is intelligent, not just a smart ass with the mouth.) It was an amazing event. Everyone met at our house for drinks. We all walked down to the gym to watch about 3 rounds of boxing. Trdina trained for the event and it showed. Boxing is so hard. No wonder the guys just hang on each other after awhile. Boxing can bring out the aggression in the spectators, too. Or maybe it was the drinks.



Now back to the Olympics with Synchro Swimming and the Women's Table Tennis Finals. Ooo, maybe just table tennis. Wow, Synchro is just too much to watch.