Thursday, September 4, 2008

Obama's in Lancaster Again!

Woohoo. Damn it. I had somewhere to be at 7 pm-ish. I started my commute home on my 1968 Schwinn already a half hour late. Halfway home at F&M College, there are people walking everywhere - then I see the guys selling tee-shirts. I follow the crowd. Wait in line. Get out of line and stand on the hill. Wait for a little over an hour to hear the man speak. I could not see Obama as he spoke but that did not matter.

Afterwards, I ran/rode with the crowds to catch a glimpse of him. Pretty awesome. Got to see some cycling friends in and about the crowds, too. I love to connect off the bike, too.

So, yeah. I am late. Debating on driving to Dulles/VA in the wee a.m. Just terrified of the rush hour traffic on the beltways. But I am sooooooo tired and I do not like driving in this state. Oh well. Off to eat, shower and decide. It was worth being spontaneous to hear the man speak.