Tuesday, September 2, 2008

48 hrs after the 24 hrs

Waaaaaaa! I cannot talk about it. Just glad everyone else had a fabulous time. For me, I think it comes down to the challenge. This time I was not too happy about the experience. The night lap was the best. The Lupine Lights made it fun. I jumped most logs and rode over all the sucky rocks that made me crack on my third lap. I guess that is how it goes when I don't mountain bike but once every four years.

RockStar Jen started us off, Kat-the happy camper was the 4th leg, Marcy-veteran 24hr happy camper-#two rode the 2nd leg and I looked happy but it was before we raced.

The poor 'cuda that needs to retire. That baby did not do so well on the rocks. Okay, maybe it was the rider that did not do so well. My arms are still numb from the ride. At least I do not have any more jiggle in my triceps.

We held Kat (for at least 2 hrs) so we did not have to send another rider out for a fourth lap.

I put my rockstar hilton to use after a nine year hiatus. With an air mattress inside, I was sleeping pretty. Corporate guys and all female Lupine Lights finished 2nd. Boo hoo. The women want to come back to vie for first. They will have to bring it on without me.