Monday, April 27, 2009

I am a motorized vehicle!

I had my second encounter of banging a car with my hand. I always think about it but we are usually moving and I just force myself to play it safe. The first incident was in the last 2 miles of the busy stretch home. I was coming up along side of the cars going straight through the intersection. A car decided to go around a turning car and about wacked me off my bike until I wacked his car with my left hand. I scared the crap out of him as he did of me. He never saw me and he eased off.

Tonight. Same area. For those local, turning left off of North Frederick and onto North Plum. I usually take the lane when I have to turn left. I was stopped because traffic was coming from all ways - I have signaled a few times but it is not like we have a "turn signal". So Grandpa decided to go around me into the left lane, brushing the left side of me as I ended up banging the top of his hood with my left arm. "What the hell are you doing?! I am a motorized vehicle!" He looked at me as if I appeared out of nowhere and should get out of his way. I just leaned into his SUV and pushed out into the intersection, hoping the on-coming traffic would give me the right away. Thank goodness they did.

Now enjoy a great laugh as I could not get up the climb to look good for the camera. Actually, I don't remember a photographer on Pain Mountain.