Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home Again

Okay. A little painful for me but here is a "post" by Ober unedited by me (except for adding the pictures).

Bellie and I returned home safely Saturday night after 8 weeks of being on the road...
over 11,000 miles driven
20 states
2 oil changes
1 cracked windshield
1 speeding ticket (Wyoming)
1 warning (Texas)
Saw Bald Eagles..golden Eagles..hundreds of Hawks (of all kinds and in every state)..Big horn sheep...a black bear...Elk..Moose...Bison...grey Fox...red Fox....Bobcat...wild goats...wild horses..mule deer...white tail deer...antelope...and a few people who looked to be quite lost and homeless!
About $865 in gas
Spent 14 nights in hotel rooms
Saw a lot of old friends in a lot of beautiful places
Met some new friends
Had a chance to visit family
Got a chance to spend a bunch of hours with myself...the hardest part of traveling (while alone) was not having anyone to share the amazing beauty I was able to see on this journey... the barren East Texas landscape, Sedona red rocks, vineyards of NorCal , Big Sky Country, the Grand Tetons of Wyoming and the endless mountain ranges in between..all unique...all so beautiful!
I need to thank those that helped Michele and I on our travels with lodging, food and beverages and most importantly, warmth and friendship
My Brothers Blake and Brooke and his family...I love you all
Mom and Dad...Art and Shirley...you are always there for me...thanks
Aaron & Annie and family....a really nice evening together that was way to due to take place!
All the folks @ the Mill Iron Ranch...what a magical place
Mike ,Ellie and Amelia Pflieger...you got the life dude!!!...we are happy for you
Becky Broeder and Will....thanks for the hospitality u 2...we are still drooling over the Elk feast and micro brew!
John & Linda Elgart...I can't thank you enough for the hospitality and inside vantage point of Sacramento..I hope i can return the favor here in Lancaster some day!
Marian & Eric Spector & family...always good to see you all ...another great view you have!
Scott Z...what a ride Z..lets do that again with the whole crew next time!
Barb & David George...Sara & Ben...so nice to re-connect after all these years
Jon & Cheryl ,Katie and Clay Cooper..Coop, thank you so much for putting us up..felt like we picked up where we left off, all those years ago.
If I forgot anyone, sorry! The door is always open here in Lancaster!

Southern Lake Tahoe, CA.

Pecan trees outside of Medesto.

Border Patrol Check Point near El Paso.