Thursday, March 8, 2007

Saturday Training Series 2/24 in Greenville, SC

Circuit Race - Donaldson Center (Industrial Park) Master's 35+ had over 90 guys for 42 miles of racing with a purse of $250 going 6 deep. My race had 52 women! Awesome. I'm moving south! for 35 miles with a purse of $200 going 4 deep. I stuck my nose in the wind the first few laps but played it safe and got a great training ride in for 1:43 w/an AHR at 172 (long week of riding). Saw Brad pass my field with 3 laps to go in his race. Of course, he was off the front with one other guy.

What I remember is that they got away as they passed my field. Then four riders bridged up to them and hammered for the rest of the "training" race. At one point, one guy turned to Brad and said, "So what are you going to do?" They were all rotating but I think when it was six guys and Brad was tired, he missed some rotations. He doesn't like to give away a race so did not say much. Brad doesn't sprint. And when it came time, he tried and got 6th. Results say 5th but he got paid for 6th.

1 Douglas Pomeranz tri star Atlanta, GA
2 Christopher Thomas Moto-Velo/Sledgehammer Charlie's Racing Stony Point, NC
3 Jason Sprouse Unattached Asheville, NC
4 Roy Simmons Category One Cycles Roswell, GA
5 Brad Ober GS Lancaster/Spinners Cycling Lancaster, PA
6 Steven Carrell Memorial Health/Team One Norcross, GA