Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bags and Boxers

My third week of Build turned into a rest week once the stay over in Philly Sunday night rocked my week. Monday, Jdub and I did head bobs and blinking eyes rolls as we tried to look awake all day at our respective jobs (in different states) as the five cups of coffee, 2 diet cokes and handful of espresso beans didn't work. I took another easy day because of the fabulous cool, rainy weather in June. Still tired, I took a trip to Oz as we had threats of tornadoes. I have written before about my great excuses not to ride. How am I doing? The threats of tornadoes were true, thanks to global warming, probably. I believed those threats. At least I rode the computrainer for half an hour watching the news breaking weather reports. After that, I was done for the week. Bleary eyed on Thursday, I tried the computrainer one more time but never made it to the bike. I detoured to my friend's kitchen and had coffee with her.

Tonight, I went shopping with my teammates. We did my favorite shopping - food shopping. Off to Costco for gas and our usual, Nature Valley trail mix bars, Kirkland juice, yogurt, frozen ravoli and I walked out with mocha coffeecake (for Brad's team race on Sunday, right!), mixed nuts, Terra chips, whole grain parmesan cracker bread, gourmet flatbread, ummm, and honey. I forgot to buy the bulk Ghrardelli chocolate squares so I wandered aimlessly in TJMAX at the gourmet food section. The selection lacked a bit of solid chocolates. Too many chocolate covered I don't know whats.

My basic leather purse of 15+ years broke over the weekend so I spent way too much time looking at purses and bags at TJMAX. I was overwhelmed. I could not break down and buy another purse. What seems to be back in style is in my attic. I am definitely not fashion conscious. Tomorrow, I will dig through boxes to find that woven, bamboo, flowery bag from the Philippines. I did find a cool bag and in my team colors, too. It is actually a market tote that is foldable and light weight. I am a sucker for bags. I love to buy them from my travels. It's pretty bad when I get excited over the Whole Foods shopping bags. They are a dollar and come in many varieties - how exciting!

We shopped at Ollies, too, because I got a tip they had upright ACs for sale. Well, they did not or were out of them and I ended up buying two cookbooks and body spray. It was an evening of mindless shopping for everything and anything. Hmmm. Dangerous for the wallet that I didn't buy at TJMAX. Those flashy little buggers were more expensive than my purse budget! Oh, I am not a true shopper.