Tuesday, June 5, 2007

National Racing Calendar - East Coast

Snapshots as I am 2 wks behind on the posting...

I had my first weekend of speed racing Memorial Day weekend at BikeJam and Somerville. I hung on like a champ and tried to work the leadout train for my teammates. BikeJam did not go so well for me but I hung on and we all avoided crashes. Jenette Williams (J-dub) finished 5th.


Somerville was another adventure with Jdub flying from the middle of the pack for 8th. Again, Dale Tye and I avoided crashes but that left me out of position to help with the leadout.


CSC - Got too comfortable in the first four laps (what was I thinking?!!) and eventually lost contact with the main group as the hammer went down. Jdub and DT rocked and rolled with the pack and finished 16th & 26th.


I will post later about the Triple Crown Series. I love the series as it starts in my home town. My 'mates were in town since CSC so I was pre-occupied with being Momma Michele. Air mattresses and laptops everywhere and AC units blowing out circuits with over use last week.