Saturday, December 27, 2008

Antelopes and Dinosaurs

Another nine hour day on the road; 1,822 miles to date. Here are more drive by photos. Try clicking on the pictures to see a better view of the Antelope or flatland views.


Sasquatch of the Mid-West?!
Two Missouri River shots.

An interesting structure with tombstones?

We got gas at this exit. Within three minutes I am in cruise control at 80 mph and Brad's eyes were closed. Brad's eyes were instantly opened as I shimmied the steering wheel and the van shook at 80 mph as a beautiful pheasant dashed across the highway. Since I was in cruise control and I didn't want to accidentally slam on the brakes, I thought "take your foot of the gas" - but it already was because I was in cruise control. Duh! Luck would prevail for all of us. Also right before we switched, we had a moment of feeling like we were on auto pilot driving through South Dakota. As the passenger, I glanced at Brad and we were both leaning forward just looking around the landscape as if we were in one of those "Jurassic Park" control cars (but traveling at 80 mph). Thank goodness our dinosaur did not eat us.


Flatland
The antelopes and dinosaur (notice we had a wicked headwind).




We ate cheese & crackers, nuts, chips, and cookies all day. Our meals were simple; NY strip & filet and potatoes. Quick and easy, in and out - (kum and go) in Spearfish, SD.