Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Caramel Banana Cake

I wanted to reel you in with the cake. Really - I am still hung up on my packing. Argh.

Always have a packing list before you pack. Being who I am, I still needed the packing list even though I was pretty much packed. I went through the bags and noted what I had. It helped as I realized I missed packing long underwear, a swim suit, (hey, there's hot springs in WY), and a few other items I can't remember now. That's another good reason to make a list - my failing memory. Also, I had to be packed as I hoped to leave work early on Tuesday. Two a.m. rolls around as I was adding to Brad's list because I would not have any time to run around grabbing last minute items. Plus, he had to pack the cooler food. Hmmm. Even with adding items to his list, they did not get packed?! Hello! There were some things that were gifts. Ugh.

Luckily I did have time to pack a few last minute items but did not have a chance to peruse my list until we were on the drive to Hagerstown. I missed a lot of little things on and off the list. So I let them go - or so I thought. I borrowed some things from Rox but it is not the same. I forgot that I am vacationing where strip malls pave the U.S. I guess I don't like to buy what I already have at home. (Frugal traveler) Plus, it makes the driving more efficient. We don't have to plan to go to a strip mall to buy face lotion or zip lock baggies or a small shovel! (I hope I am wrong as I've been told we will not need the shovel. I did buy really warm gloves from Costco - did you see them on George? I just can't make a fist because they are so thick.)

We arrived with hugs and kisses. We unwind a few hours before dinner. Crockpot chicken with apples and onions, crunchy coleslaw, salad and I forget whatelse but I remember dessert; Caramel Banana Cake. Yum! I will post the recipes later.