Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mid-West Vacation

How many wool sweaters do I pack?! And why the mid-West after winter solstice? Family and friends. I have a week off to begin with as MU is closed for the holidays so I was able to request another week to make the vacation drivable. Woohoo! It shall be an adventure. We started packing the xc skis, hats I usually never wear in the East, the survival cooler, goodie-food bag and blankets. The malted milk balls, yogurt covered almonds, half dozen of speciality chips and cheese and more nuts will be enough to live on for two months. Alright, I am making Toll House cookies and banana bread, too. Maybe we will through in some fruit and veggies if we have room.

I will never know cold until I hit Chicago, Jackson Hole and Hamilton/Missoula at this time of year. Yeeeehaaaa! Happy Winter Solstice.