Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Flagstaff

After mountain biking in the morning on Wednesday, I filled up my travel mug with wine and we traveled to Flagstaff for a little excursion to the Lowell Observatory.

We took the scenic drive north on 89A. I bought some sterling silver jewelry at a Oak Creek Vista (elev. 6,419 feet) then we continued to Flagstaff.I got to stop at my favorite coffee shop for some beans and chai. We roamed Flagstaff window shopping for an hour + and met for dinner at the Mountain Oasis.

I had shiitake spring rolls, light alfredo pasta with shrimp and indulged with a key lime cheesecake for dessert.

The village of Oak Creek Canyon has less artificial light at night than Flagstaff so the night sky is more beautiful. We did get to look through a telescope but I forget what star cluster I got to gaze at.