Monday, October 22, 2007

Waning Vacation

We almost crammed in a lot on Friday as it was our last day in Sedona but we did not. The guys each went off on their own to take pictures, hike, bike or sleep on a rock. Us women wanted to rock and roll one more time on the mountain bikes. We did the same trails from our first day but came back on Llama and part of Bell Rock Pathway differently. We just soaked in the sun and had a fabulous ride for two hours.

We rode North on Bell Rock Pathway to Little Horse trail, got turned around a bit, carried/walked the bikes up some rocky trails and eventually found our way to the Llama trail heading south. I fell more than ever and eventually had the rental bike on top of me with my head towards the bottom of the climb - stuck under the bike. Laughing but stuck. Here is Little Bell Rock off of the Llama Trail.We shopped the main strip of Sedona in the afternoon. In the Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village, Brad and I grabbed some margaritas and chips after walking the cobble-stoned walkways and through arched entryways of some galleries. This trip, we did not see any Javelinas, just artsy ones.

I think they are the cutest little buggers. When I saw them in Phoenix in 2005, I jumped out of the van running towards them to take a picture. I had everyone concerned. Although, I think the poor javelinas were more scare of me than me of them. I felt sorry for them as they were roaming in an industrial park. So much pavement, not much livable natural environment. (whan, whan)