Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Interbike Day 3

Jenette and I made one more visit to the Expo to return the Felt with many thanks. We checked out the CyFac booth to get fitted for bikes. It will be interesting to see how off we may be with the bikes we ride.

Jdub's flight left at 5 p.m. so we were off to the hotel for her 2:30 shuttle to the airport. I then ran back to Interbike one last time to win a camera from GoPro.

Not enough business cards could help me win but screaming, "GoPro!" and jumping up and down would do just fine. They mixed up their drawings with noise. Whoever screamed the loudest, longest, most obnoxious, got picked. Yeah!! GoPro gave out many cameras that they would have to send mine and others to us lucky winners!

Had a fabulous end of Interbike at the Aquaknox in the Venetian before other East Coasters had to catch their red-eye flights. I know I would not want to fly drunk.

Once everyone left around 10 p.m. (my flight was on Saturday), I hobbled back to my hotel room. Wow. Vegas is not for me. Too many drunk people and I was sort of one of them. I two-fisted with water as I knew I was on my own eventually. I became an old maid and turned in at midnight.

My flight home got delayed and I was bumped to a later flight. The winds in Vegas howled at 35+ mph. We took off around 3 p.m. and I thought I was going to die. I felt like I was in a martini shaker. The plane twisted, dropped and rocked for at least three hours. The flights do not offer meals anymore, which is fine because they sucked in the past, so I bought a wrap for my dinner home. I had no idea that I would barely be able to eat it. Oh, and because I got bumped, my cush aisle seat became a middle seat in the last row with a baby in the other last row. We were shaken and stirred; along with fumes. I felt badly for the guy next to me. He was hungover and the martini flight back to Philly did not sit well with him. Thank goodness he was able to watch a movie and sleep. If he got sick, all hell would break loose. That would be why I could not fly drunk. With the kind of flight I had, I would have been obnoxious, silly or sick. I am bad enough sober. So we got free drinks, not because of the baby but because of the sucky last row. Since I was going to die, I had a Heineken?! Go figure. The guy next to me got his own liter of water; no little plastic cup, the whole bottle. The baby did better than I. I cried and screamed at least three times.

I survived and drove home tired and hungry so I ate the cookies I forgot for my plane trip to Vegas. The parents on my shuttle said, "My kids eat 6-month old crumbs out of the car all the time. You will be fine eating five day old cookies!" So I munched and boy were they tasty.